Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland (FÉ/SI) is the national development agency for Irish filmmaking and the Irish film, television and animation industry. is seeking to appoint a Project Manager to join their creative team to work across film and audio-visual projects and genres.
This challenging but rewarding role will involve working closely with producers, directors and writers on the development and production of projects (feature film, feature documentary and animation). It will also involve working with other production financiers including film distributors, broadcasters, state film funding agencies, sales agents and other co-financiers.
Project Manager – Role Description
This is a challenging role but incredibly rewarding and often exhilarating. The role sees the Project Manager working across film and other audiovisual projects from initial concept / development stage through to production and subsequent exploitation. The role will involve working closely with producers, directors and writers on the development and production of projects (feature film, feature documentary and animation). It will also involve working with other with other production financiers including film distributors, broadcasters, state film funding agencies, sales agents and other co-financiers.
The role will consist of:
- Assisting Irish writers, producers and directors on the development of individual projects across all genres of feature film, animation and feature documentary.
- Steering the project from idea / concept stage to packaging / financing – this may involve the use of external mentors / script consultants to bring the project to creative excellence and market readiness.
- Liasing with other production financiers including film distributors, broadcasters, state film funding agencies, sales agents and other co-financiers.
- Attending meetings to discuss and make recommendations to the Board of the IFB in relation to applications for development funding and Production Funding.
- Working with the CEO on initiatives to develop creative talent working in the film and audiovisual sector.
Project Manager – Essential Experience
The successful candidate must be have sound proven editorial experience and have a track record developing or producing projects that have connected with an audience.
You will need:
- Experience of working in the film and television industry is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in the development process and the assessment of projects from a creative perspective.
- Proven ability of working with Irish creative talent including writers directors and producers in bringing projects through from development to production.
- An ability to balance the cultural and creative considerations.
- Experience of dealing with complex production proposals containing both creative talent and financial information (budgets and finance plans).
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining sound relationships with writers, directors, producers, sales-agents, distributors, co-financiers and other key stakeholders.
- A demonstrable understanding of to the unique role of a national screen agency.
Project Manager – Essential Qualities
This is a highly rewarding role but also highly challenging – you will need to be convincing, calm and collected.
You will need:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to convince and influence outcomes – remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to juggle a large and varied workload, to take direction, but to be able to work unsupervised on a day-to-day basis on film and audiovisual projects.
- A highly motivated, proactive self-starter with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence with a dedication to delivering on the goals of the IFB.
- A team player who can positively contribute to a dynamic and innovative working environment.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter (x 2 copies) in strict confidence, marked “Confidential” by Friday 22nd July at 12.00 midday to:
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board
14/16 Lord Edward Street,
This position will be offered on a 2 year fixed consultancy contract and the term may be extended by mutual agreement. The fee will be €65,000 for a 12 month period. This position is directly responsible to the CEO. The post will be based in Dublin and will involve some national and international travel.
The covering letter should set out how you address the Essential Experience and the Essential Qualities and the skills and good humour you will bring to the position. You will also be expected to be conversant with the new IFB Strategy ‘Building on Success’ – see www.irishfilmboard.ie.
Interviews will be in the week commencing 15th August 2016.