Jameson First Shot is accepting entries for its second competition. First Shot is an opportunity given to budding filmmakers who have a vision and a voice, but don’t have the benefit of an influential uncle in the movie business.
With a little help from Kevin Spacey and Dana Brunetti, three writers/directors will be selected to have their scripts made into short films by the award-winning Trigger Street Productions. The short will even feature Academy Award nominee Maggie Gyllenhaal.
The Hollywood treatment doesn’t end there, as you will also have the life-changing opportunity to direct an Oscar-winning star.
Guidelines to Enter:
– You must be at least 25 years old to enter.
– Your story should be around the great and/or unexpected things that can happen when you fear less and invite life in.
– Your script must be no longer than seven A4 pages in 12 point Courier.
– Only entrants living in South Africa, Russia, USA, UK, Ireland, India, Australia, Canada (excluding residents of Quebec, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia) and the following areas of India: State of Maharashtra, National Capital region, Delhi and State of Karnataka (collectively, “Territory”) Kenya and Bulgaria are eligible to enter.
– Due to alcohol industry regulations people under the age of 25 cannot be depicted.
– Scenes that depict drug taking or drug references, drunk driving, excessive violence or excessive drinking will not be accepted.
– Your script should include no more than seven cast members
– Scripts must be submitted in English.
– Only one entry per per person – no writing teams
– Multiple submissions will be void.
Closing Date for Entries: 4th January 2016, 5pm