Immersive Content Creation
Date: Saturday 23rd September 2017
Location: Dublin TBC
Duration: 1 Day
Directors, writers, producers, actors, production designers, animators, VFX artists, games designers, sound designers, composers and creatives from a range of disciplines across film, TV, animation, VFX, games, commercials and theatre. This event is aimed at any creative professional interested in exploring immersive storytelling and technologies.
Screen Skills Ireland is the national training and development resource specifically created for Ireland’s film and television industry., in association with Audi Ireland and the Audi Founded in 2003, the Dublin International Film Festival sets the agenda of the year with its programme of outstanding Irish and international film. (ADIFF), is seeking participants for an Immersive Content Creation day designed to offer creatives across live action and digital production a deeper understanding of the craft of immersive storytelling for VR/AR. This day is designed to offer inspiration to multi-disciplinary creative teams who are considering developing VR/AR/immersive projects.
The day will include the following topics:
- The VR/AR landscape
- Transitioning from filmmaking to immersive content creation
- Storytelling and project development for VR
- Live action, games and animation in 360/VR/AR
- VR/AR as visualisation tool
Please note, selected participants on the Immersive Content Creation day will be eligible to apply to take part in a VR/Immersive Story Hackathon, which will take place on Sunday 24th September. The Hackathon is designed to encourage creative and technical teams to develop a concept and pitch for a short Immersive/VR project to be developed and produced as part of an immersive content focus at the 2018 Audi Dublin International Film Festival. There will be a prize fund of up to €30,000 for the winning project. Details of the Hackathon, including team formation, theme, and process will be supplied to all successful applicants to the Immersive Content Creation event once their places are confirmed.
- Michel Reilhac, Submarine Channel
- Tanya Laird, Digital Jam/VR Writers Room
- Paul Bouchard, Wide Film Sales, France
- Camille Donegan, Creative Tech Producer
- Sarah Lynch, Composer
- Fiona Kilkelly, Innovate UK
- Jeremy Dalton, VR/AR Specialist, PWC
- Nikki Lannen, CEO, War Ducks
- Paula Kehoe, Director
- John Huikku, CG Supervisor/Founder, Tarina
- James Corbett, co-Founder & Managing Director, Simvirtua
* More speakers to be announced in the coming weeks.
To attend the VR Storytelling Day, please apply online with an up-to-date CV at www.screentrainingireland.ie For further details, please email email@example.com, or call (01) 6798040. Deadline for applications: 12:00 pm Monday 4th September 2017.