FilmmakersNetwork.ie is currently taking submissions for the inaugural Dublin Film Fringe festival.
The competition is open to all entries by Irish filmmakers or set in Ireland.
The competition rules are as follows:
- Films must be under 20 minutes long. Shorter movies are preferred.
- Films must have been made in the previous 2 years.
- Films must be filmed in Ireland and/or by Irish filmmakers.
- Films must be submitted on DVD with the completed application form. A Quicktime/AVI of the film should also be included on the disc.
- Ideally movies shold be encoded in H-264 but avi is also acceptable. If a digital copy cannot be included then a version will be ripped from the DVD but this may result in a degrading of quality.
- Anybody submitting more than one entry must fill out a seperate application for each.
- All submitted DVDs cannot be returned, and not all films entered fill be selected for viewing.
Be quick though as the closing date for submissions is January 23rd, 2010.
The festival is also looking for a number of volunteers to help out. If you are interested you can get more info here.