Volta, Ireland’s leading independent Video On Demand platform, has launched the third edition of STREAMS – The European Online Film Festival, which will take place from December 1st 2014 to December 31st 2014, simultaneously on eight Video on Demand platforms, based in eight different European countries: UniversCiné (France), Flimmit (Austria), Volta (Ireland), leKino.ch (Switzerland), Filmin (Spain), UniversCiné.be (Belgium), Netcinema (Bulgaria) and Good!Movies (Germany).
This unique, festive, annual event will feature 15 recent European feature films (two per participating country and one from Germany) that haven’t been distributed yet outside of their national countries, in order to make new European high-quality films available to various European audiences, and promote new channels for the distribution of European audiovisual works on a transnational level. 13 of the 15 films will receive their European Premiere.
The third edition of the Streams European Online Film Festival will feature Donal Foreman’s superb drama Out of Here, which recently completed its cinematic run in Ireland. The Festival will also feature Mark O’Connor’s excellent King of the Travellers, with both films available on demand from today onwards on Volta, as well as in the seven other European territories.
The full line-up is as below:
- The Foreigner, Niki Iliev, Comedy, 2012, Bulgaria
- City of Dreams, Svetoslav Draganov, Documentary, 2011, Bulgaria
- Tristesse Club, Vincent Mariette, Comedy, 2014, France
- Ceuta, douce prison, Jonathan Millet & Loïc H. Rechi, Documentary, 2012, France
- Oro Verde, Mohamed Soudani, 2014, Comedy, Switzerland
- Ueli Maurers Pommes Frites Automat, Stephan Hille, Documentary 2014, Switzerland
- Family Tour, Liliana Torres, Comedy/Drama, 2013, Spain
- Stockholm, Rodrigo Sorogoyen, Drama/Romance, 2013, Spain
- Talea, Katharina Mückstein, Drama, 2013, Austria
- Everyday Rebellion, The Riahi Brothers, Documentary, 2013, Austria
- The Sound of Belgium, Jozef Devillé, Documentary, 2013, Belgium
- The Uprising, Peter Snowdon, Documentary, 2013, Belgium
- My German Friend, Jeanine Meerapfel, Drama, 2012, Germany
- King of the Travellers, Mark O’Connor, Drama, 2012, Ireland
- Out of Here, Donal Foreman is an Irish filmmaker living between New York City and Dublin best known for his two features, Out of Here and The Image You Missed., Drama, 2013, Ireland
Each film is available to rent individually from €2.99, with Volta putting together some bundle offers including ‘The Documentary Bundle’ for €9.99 and a ‘Season Pass’ for €39.99. Details here.
Full details of the Festival are available on streamsfilmfestival.com.