Weird Pretty Pictures has announced the very limited collector’s edition release of Sodium Party, the enigmatic debut of Irish director Michael McCudden, on DVD from today.
Described as “a modern Alice In Wonderland-esque tale”, Sodium Party has had audiences talking consistently since its release back in 2013, and now, a limited few can take the experience home for themselves. Limited to just 50 copies, the Sodium Party DVD includes extensive special features, a unique packaging, and bonus goods!
Sodium Party follows Claire (Slaine Kelly, The Tudors, Rise of the Footsoldier 2) through a harrowing childhood to university where she meets Danny (James Corscadden), a frequently intoxicated photographer who exposes her to real life through a cocktail of love and drugs. Their relationship is tested when ghosts of Claire’s tumultuous past manifest through super 8 film footage and her childhood imaginary friend, causing her world to unravel.
So many recent indie films are getting lost on online platforms, lost among the noise. We’ve been very lucky with our VOD release over the past couple of years, and recently, there has been such a widespread acceptance of more challenging work. Just look at the Twin Peaks revival, Netflix’s The OA, Neon Demon, Nocturnal Animals, the list goes on. Sodium Party sits nicely with those. This is for the cinephiles, and the people really hungry for this stuff- those that want to be able to feel a part of the experience- want a physical copy to hold and play and put on the shelf. And we didn’t want to let them down. We’ve spent a long time producing the DVD. And not just the content on it, but the artwork with it, the packaging, the collectibles. We hope that those that asked for it won’t be disappointed!
Michael McCudden, Director
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
- Limited to just 50 copies
- Limited Edition Tin Case
- Limited Edition Numbered Certification of Authenticity, featuring alternative artwork by designer Danielle O’Byrne
- Limited Edition 8mm Film Strip used for the actual filming
- Horses To Moths: The Making of Sodium Party – An extensive behind the scenes look at the making of the film
- Audio Commentary with the director and producers
- Exhaustive Deleted Scenes
- Interview with Star James Corscadden
- Original Pitch Trailer
- Custom Designed Menus
- English Subtitles for the main feature
- PAL DVD Region Free
- Feature Run Time: 82 minutes
Pre-Order with confidence directly from www.WeirdPrettyPictures.com<