We are now only two weeks away from one of the biggest events comic-book fans in Ireland have ever witnessed. On April 12th and 13th MCM (who run a series of highly successful comic-book events in the UK) are hosting the MCM Comic Con Dublin in Halls 1 and 2 of RDS, Ballsbridge.
Highlights of the event will be:
- The Comic-book Village, offering an opportunity to meet comic creators, artists and small press a unique fusion for Comic creators and sequential art goodness with both new and experienced talent.
- DDR Retro Gaming, where DDR:UK will bring Dance Dance Revolution gaming to Comic Con, featuring games and consoles for all ages. The area also features retro arcade machines and DanceDX.
- Dealer Stalls, where many merchandisers from around the UK and Ireland will peddle their wares, offering visitors the chance to locate hard to find items or get some great discounts.
- The MCM Stage, where visitors can expect performances, industry panels, competitions, giveaways as well as opportunities to see some promos and trailers for some of the upcoming movies and games.
- Special guests, including Raphael Sbarge, Hannah Spearritt, Alexander Vlahos, Eoin Macken, Danny John-Jules, Hattie Hayridge, Glenn Fabry, and Simon Bisley.
- And finally, the guests themselves, in full cosplay glory!
Priority Tickets are now on sale (http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/ireland/tickets/) with Priority Ticket holders gaining access to the events 60-90 minutes earlier than General ticket holders. The event is open on Saturday 9.30am to 5pm (For Priority Ticket holders) 11am to 5pm (for General ticket holders), and on Sunday 10am to 5pm (For Priority Ticket holders) 11am to 5pm (for General ticket holders). Last ticket sale is 4pm, with last re-entry 30 minutes before closing!