The Irish Film Festival, in association with Screen Producers Ireland (SPI) is a members organisation that promotes the growth and sustainability of the Irish audiovisual production sector. , is holding a discussion on the state of documentary production in Ireland today. The event takes place at 12 p.m. on Friday, September 28th as part of the IFI Documentary Film Festival.
As audiences change and publishers look for the next big hit, Irish and international speakers will discuss the challenges and successes they have experienced in getting documentaries made.
- the types of content that receive funding;
- who is commissioning and distributing content;
- the impact this has will be forefront in the discussion.
- Laura Slattery (MC), The Irish Times;
- Cormac Hargaden, Loosehorse;
- Siobhan Ward, Crossing the Line Films;
- Loren Syer Willoughby, Off the Fence Distribution.
- James Hickey – Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland (FÉ/SI) is the national development agency for Irish filmmaking and the Irish film, television and animation industry.
- Sean Mac Giolla Padraig, RTÉ Group Head of Factual
- Ciaran Kissane – Broadcast Authority of Ireland