The Writers Guild of Ireland has announced the nominees for the 2018 ZeBBie Awards. The ZeBBie Awards are annual awards created by the WGI — named in honour of O. Z. Whitehead — to acknowledge the best script(s) written by Irish playwrights and screenwriters during the previous year.
Frank Berry’s Michael Inside, John Butler’s Handsome Devil, and Nick Kelly’s The Drummer and the Keeper compete for Best Feature Film Script, while Benjamin Cleary’s Wave, Tom Collins’s An Béal Bocht, Niamh Heery’s Pause compete for Best Short Film Script.
Best Television Script
- Sharon Horgan (and Rob Delaney) – Catastrophe (Series 3, Ep. 6)
- Conor McPherson – Paula (Ep. 1)
- Paul Walker – Red Rock (Series 3, Ep. 167)
Best Radio Script
- Cathal Boylan – Her Husband, His Wife
- David Butler – Vigil
- Veronica Coburn – Kinsey One Through Five
Best Theatre Script
- Iseult Golden and David Horan – CLASS
- Shane Mac an Bhaird – Melt
- Bush Moukarzel (and Ben Kidd) – Hamnet
Best Feature Film Script
- Frank Berry – Michael Inside
- John Butler – Handsome Devil
- Nick Kelly – The Drummer and the Keeper
Best Short Film Script
- Benjamin Cleary – Wave
- Tom Collins – An Béal Bocht
- Niamh Heery – Pause
Best Game Script
- Carlo Azzari, Carmen Ng, Elaine Reynolds – Eden Isle: Resort Paradise
- Sarah Baylus, John Corcoran, Devin Doyle, Charlene Putney, Stephen Rooney – Divinity: Original Sin II
- John Romero – Gunman Taco Truck
The 2018 ZeBBie Awards Ceremony will take place on Wednesday, 27 June 2018 in The Sugar Club, 8 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2, and it will be hosted by Senator David Norris.
Doors open at 7.30 pm, and the ceremonies begin at 8.00 pm.
The ceremony is free to fully paid up members of the Guild, plus up to two guests.
Dress Code: writer chic.
Voting is now open and Guild members should have received an email with details on how to vote. Voting closes at 3 pm on Monday, 21 May 2018.
The hashtag for the event is #zebbies.