Screen Skills Ireland is the national training and development resource specifically created for Ireland’s film and television industry., in association with Film In Cork, are seeking participants for a one day workshop as part of IndieCork Festival to explore effective and persuasive ways to present and pitch film projects.
The one day course will take place on Friday, October 2nd, at the Firkin Crane in Cork. And will cost €20.
Writer/Director David Keating (Cherry Tree, Wake Wood) will give a detailed, interactive workshop on pitching, exploring questions such as:
- What are effective ways to talk about the films we passionately want to make?
- What kind of language can we use?
- What are the most important elements to a strong pitch?
- How long should it be?
- How can we do justice to our projects in X minutes?
- How does pitching get to be fun? (It needs to be.)
This course is aimed at writers, directors and producers who wish to examine and enhance their pitching skills.
Applicants can apply online at www.screentrainingireland.ie. Deadline for applications is Thursday the 24th of September 2015. For further details, contact Helen McMahon in Screen Training Ireland or Rossa Mullin at Film In Cork.