Creative Europe Desk Ireland MEDIA and Filmbase invite media students in Ireland to apply for support for the production and distribution of graduate film and media projects. This support will be open to any student, or groups of students, collaborating on the creation of an audiovisual film, documentary or multimedia project as part of their final year coursework.
- Information Session 6th March in Filmbase | Apply here to secure your place.
- Application Deadline 20th March | Eligibility & Application Forms available here.
These awards will provide support for film and media students graduating into the Irish and European audiovisual industries and to encourage graduates to develop the essential skills necessary for creating future funding applications. As such the application process for support replicates key aspects of the application process for Irish and European project funding.
Two projects will be awarded a cash contribution of up to €750 to support their production budgets and to facilitate the development and implementation of a marketing and distribution strategy for their completed works. In addition, film-based projects will be offered access to facilities at Filmbase and individual consultation on festival strategy and international marketing for short films.
Students interested are invited to attend an Information Session on Tuesday 6th March from 3.30 – 4.30pm in Filmbase. This session will present an overview of the key supports available from Filmbase and CED Ireland, provide key advice for making funding applications, and answer specific questions on this new initiative. Please click here to register for the information session.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- Any student, or group of students, in their final year of a film/media-related course in Ireland who will be producing a short film, documentary or multimedia project as part of their programme requirements will be eligible to apply.
- Projects will require a Letter of Confirmation from a Supervising Tutor or Head of Course stating that the submitted project is being produced as an official requirement of the course.
- The intended duration of completed projects should be less than 15 minutes(exceptions will be made if there is a specific academic course requirement for a longer duration).
- The project must be intended for completion prior to July 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
Students interested in applying should attend the Information Session on Tuesday 6th March from 3.30 – 4.30pm prior to submitting their application online. Fully completed applications for support must be submitted electronically by 18:00, Tuesday 20th March. Applications may be uploaded from the Filmbase website here and all the information on the awards is also available here.
Applications must include:
- Fully completed application form
- Script / Treatment / Project Outline
- CVs of Core Production Team
- Notes on Style / Treatment
- Notes on distribution potential for the project
- Letter from Tutor/Head of Course confirming the film is an official coursework assignment
Shortlisted applicants may be invited to present to an industry panel to facilitate final decision making.
Further information is available from Filmbase – please submit queries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org