RTÉ, Ireland’s national public service media organisation, is partnering with leading international industry conference MediaCon, and is calling on young video creators based in Ireland to submit their work, and be in with a chance of winning a tailored creative mentorship development programme in RTÉ and full access to the MediaCon Summit 2018.
Would you like to be, or do you think you could already be, the next Casey Neistat? Are you aged between 18 and 35? If the answer is yes then RTÉ and MediaCon want to hear from you. And we want to help you get to where you’re going, quicker.
Are you a Vlogger, Instagrammer, Snapchatter, YouTuber or just a passionate and social content maker? Are you a creator who has something they need to say, and stories you want to share?
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re based in Ireland
- You’re 18 or older
- You make engaging content on any topic (you’re a comedian, aspiring journalist, beauty vlogger, an unboxer with an edge; you’re an animator, graphics whizz or innovative story-teller …)
- You have a presence on a social platform or you’re committed to having one very soon
WHAT WE WANT
- Short video reels no longer than ten minutes (if multiple videos, do us a favour and stitch them together)
- Comedy, Entertainment, Fashion/Beauty, Health/Fitness, Travel/Adventure, Social Changes, Vlogs, Sport, Mini Docs, Technology/Gaming, Reality, On-A-Shoestring
- We want engaging, but we want appropriate (nothing that will frighten your Nana, and nothing that harms anyone or anything in the making)
HOW WE WANT IT
- You should deliver your work as one continuous video or a series of shorter videos edited together
- Just fill out the application form and upload to your YouTube or Vimeo and submit the link at www.rte.ie/creator
AND THEN WHAT?
A panel of judges from RTÉ and MediaCon will review all submissions and produce a shortlist. The best five creators will attend the MediaCon summit in Dublin in November, where the lucky winner will be announced. The winner will receive a tailored mentorship programme in RTÉ in 2019. So get cracking!
AND ONE LAST THING …
Do take a look at the criteria and Terms and Conditions at www.rte.ie/creator
Mediacon is a series of global summits, looking at trends in the global entertainment and content business. Founded in 2015, Mediacon now has events in Dublin, Vancouver and London. Featuring the best speakers and biggest partners in the entertainment business from around the World, Mediacon returns to Dublin in November 2018.