Disney has announced details of an exciting new program titled Disney Accelerator.
Disney Accelerator is a highly selective, immersive mentorship and investment program for technology-enabled startups in the media and entertainment space. Ten startup companies will be selected to gather in the Los Angeles area for three months to accelerate their ideas and build exciting consumer media and entertainment products.
Each participating team will receive:
- $120,000 in investment capital
- Access to resources, relationships, and characters from across The Walt Disney Company, such as The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Animation, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, ESPN, ABC, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Disney Consumer Products, and Disney Interactive
- Support from and access to Techstars’ vast global network of mentors and alumni — an amazing collection of entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators interested in helping participating companies succeed
- Dedicated Disney Accelerator working space
- Mentor support from key Disney executives and leaders, other entertainment industry leaders, venture capitalists, and the broader entrepreneurial community
- An investor Demo Day in October, where each team will present their company and product to entertainment leaders and investors
All applications should be submitted online, with further information available at http://disneyaccelerator.com/