access>CINEMA is looking to appoint a Film Programme Adviser on an initial 12 month fixed-term contract beginning in October 2015.
access>CINEMA is the resource organisation for regional cultural cinema exhibition in Ireland and is funded by the Arts Council. Its role is to support local programmers with film advice and expertise as well as providing the booking and despatch of films for screenings.
They work with a network of arts centres, film societies, arts festivals and other local arts organisations to develop cultural cinema across the country. access>CINEMA currently services over 75 member groups screening on various exhibition formats
Reporting to the Director, the Film Programme Adviser will be responsible for the DVD/Bluray film society groups. The role will focus on providing film advice and information, booking films on DVD/Bluray format and audience development activities for these groups.
The main responsibilities associated with the position will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Advising film society member groups screening from DVD/Bluray format on film availability as directed
- Co-ordinating the booking of films on DVD/Bluray format
- Providing relevant audience development support as directed
- Co-ordinating information sessions for new member applicants
- Working with the Director and the rest of the access>CINEMA team to deliver the organisation’s busy programme of events
- Providing general administrative support to other staff where required
- Be cognisant of the changing face of film distribution and exhibition in Ireland and the UK, keeping themselves updated on new developments in the sector
- Possess excellent inter-personal skills and be clear and concise in their dealings with member / client groups
- Have strong organisational skills and an ability to work on one’s own initiative
- Enjoy working in a small but busy team
- Have good written and verbal communication and presentation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- Be a good timekeeper
The ideal candidate must be hard-working, enthusiastic and prepared to become an integral part of a small, dedicated team. Previous experience in film exhibition/distribution or the cultural sector is desirable. A 1-year contract will be offered initially, beginning with a 3-month probationary period.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter accompanied by a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience and that lists two recent references.
Applications will be accepted by email only and should be sent with the subject line “Film Programme Adviser” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday, September 11, 2015.
Short-listing of candidates will be made on the basis of the information presented in the CV and covering letter submitted.
Interviews will be held in Dublin on Friday September 25th. All applications received will be acknowledged by email.