On Saturday May 16th the Galway Film Centre will host an afternoon training course in Graphic Design for Film. The masterclass will be conducted by the Welsh born, Dublin based, graphic designe artist Annie Atkins.
She will talk through her process and gave insights into the workings of the different productions she has worked upon, which also includes the Oscar-nominated, The Boxtrolls.
Areas covered will include:
- Breaking down a script
- Researching the era of the film
- Compiling a reference system for the film
- The importance of understanding the characters
- An overview of how to create the graphics
- Working with the Director and other crew.