Screen Training Ireland has announced a new course Vectorworks 2D/3D for Art Department to run on Sunday, November 19th at the Guinness Enterprise Centre, Dublin 8.
An introduction to 2D and 3D design and modelling for those with some previous 3D experience. The course will introduce the intermediate/advanced concepts and approaches to 3D design and visualisation using Vectorsworks 2018. This course deals with creating and managing more complex 3D projects with a high level of detail. It examines methods of modelling complex shapes and objects and preparing the model for rendering.
This course encourages users to develop high level 2D and 3D design and visualisation skills, and presentation skills.
- Refresher on Key 2D drawing and editing tools and Keyboard shortcuts.
- Attributes and Constraints, Using resources, hatches & symbols.
- New relevant features of Vectorworks 2018
- Working with other programs such as Rhino, Sketch UP, Atlantis or Cinema 4D
- Hybrid 2D/3D design, walls, symbols & plug-in objects
- Setting up shared libraries of resources for the team, and using the available resources
- Introduction to 3D design
- Advanced 3D modelling techniques, Lighting and Texturing and Cameras
- Producing a co-ordinated construction level drawing set from the model
- Advanced presentation techniques using Renderworks
- Advanced freeform 3d modelling tools, including NURBS modelling, surface array and AutoHybrids
This workshop is aimed at art department personnel who have previous Vectorworks experience or completed the workshop in June 2017 and wish to use the Industry Standard Film and Entertainment CAD Package – Vectorworks.
Existing skills in Drafting / Drawing are required for this course.
Tutor: Jonathan Reeves
Course Date: Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Course Duration: 1 Day
Venue: Guinness Enterprise Centre, Dublin 8