Records tumbled at the Irish box-office this weekend as, despite fine weather across much of the country, Jurassic World (???) opened at Number 1, grossing €1,376,215 (3-day) at the All-Ireland box-office. Having opened on Thursday it cumulative box-office stands at €1, 635,435, which accounted for 72% of total cinema-going across the island.
This opening weekend saw the film take the mantle of Biggest 2015 Opening, beating Marvel’s Avengers: Age Of Ultron (€1.3m); Biggest Universal Opening (3-Day), beating Fifty Shades Of Grey (€1.34m); Biggest Universal Opening (inc. Previews), beating Despicable Me 2 (€1.57m); Biggest Franchise Opening, beating The Lost World: Jurassic Park (€602,711); Biggest Franchise Saturday, beating The Lost World: Jurassic Park (€191,177).
The film also became the 9th Biggest All-Time Openingat teh combined Irish box-office, behind Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Pt.2 (€2.05m), The Dark Knight Rises (€2.02m), The Simpsons (€1.97m), Shrek the Third (€1.81m), Quantum of Solace (€1.75m), Shrek 2 (€1.68m), Skyfall (€1.6m), and The Dark Knight (€1.45m).
Jurassic World is also Universal’s fourth Number 1 at the Irish box-office this year alongside Fast and Furious 7, Fifty Shades of Grey, and Pitch Perfect 2. Earlier this month the studio bame teh fastest studio to $3 billion worldwide so it’s been quite a year.
Current Combined Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland Top 10:
- Jurassic World, €1,376,215 (wk. 1) (Cume. €1,635,435)
- Spy, €181,481 (wk. 2) -45%, (Cume. €735,483)
- San Andreas, €74,523 (wk. 3) -63%, (Cume. €1,165,310)
- Insidious Chapter 3, €71,483 (wk. 2) -58%, (Cume. €333,323)
- Pitch Perfect 2, €50,490 (wk. 5) -54%, (Cume. €1,977,008)
- Mad Max: Fury Road, €37,034 (wk. 5) €37,034 -60%, (Cume. €1,868,276)
- Two By Two, €21,796 (wk. 7) -48%, (Cume. €679,473)
- Home, €15,831 (wk. 13) -29%, (Cume. €2,701,869)
- Tomorrowland – A World Beyond, €12,512 (wk. 4) -71%, (Cume. €477,507)
- Avengers: The Age of Ultron, €9,794 ,(wk. 8) -63%, (Cume. €4,226,939)